Year Four Notice Board
In the summer term we will be reading...
We do have a set of school books but it would be really helpful if children had their own copy.
- Please see the information below about this term's RSE lessons.
- Please see the blue link below to access the document for parents about the Year 4 Multiplication tables Check. We are busy practising in school using websites that have a similar design to the real check that takes place in June. Here is a web link if you want to support by getting your chid to do further practise at home. The default settings are the same as the check with 6 seconds to answer each question with a 3 second delay between questions. The settings can be changed easily but it is best if you stick to the default settings. https://www.timestables.co.uk/multiplication-tables-check/ We won't know what the pass mark out of 25 when the children sit the official task so we are aiming for consistent scores in the 20s - the children are making rapid progress so don't worry if their score is currently lower.
- If you need Covid-related home-learning, please go to your Google Classroom. Where possible, activities are being added to match the learning in class.
- Many children are without a glue stick! Please ask your child if they currently have their own glue stick and give them one if you are able.
We are sharing the few sticks we have. If children have their own it makes things much quicker and easier in class. Thank you for any glue stick donations you are able to make. It is also handy if your child has their own pencil sharpener (one that collects the shavings) and a rubber. These can be kept in their school pencil case.
- Remember to send the yellow reading records to school every Monday - even if you don't need to change your book. Reading books can be changed any day of the week. We go to the Junior Library every Friday.
- We have now finished ukulele and we will be learning the recorder during the summer term, continuing into Year 5. Children have been given their own recorder to use for these lessons. If recorders are taken home to do practice, then they must be brought back in for Friday lessons.
Year 4 Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) Lessons
We cover Relationships in summer 1 and Changing Me in summer 2.
Please find a brief outline of the next lesson below.
Relationships and Sex Education (RSE)
Lesson Number and title: Lesson 2 - Love and Loss
Overview of lesson: To identify someone I love and express why
To know how most people feel when they lose someone or something they love.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s class teacher.
Summer term Our new topic for the summer term is called…Tree of Life.
Further information about the learning in history and geography is available on our new Knowledge Organisers. These are available on the Maple and Rowan Google Classrooms in the Classwork tab.
Rowan and Maple wear PE kit to school on Fridays.
Home Learning is set.
Please see below for the spelling word list. Please go to Google Classroom for the maths assignment.
PE Swimming - both classes
Recorders - Music
PE - both classes
Calendar/ Key dates
For further information about Home Learning and ideas on how to support your child please click here.
Daily (15-20 mins)
Please ensure that all books are recorded in the reading record along with the dates that reading has taken place. Please sign/initial these entries. Comments about the book and your child's reading are welcomed. Three comments per week is ideal.
Reading records are checked on Mondays but reading books can be changed on any day.
Library books are changed on Thursdays.
|Grammar & Punctuation||Tasks will be set in the Y4 Grammar & Punctuation CGP book.|
|Spelling||The words are listed below. These words are set on a Monday for a spelling dictation task the following Monday.|
|Maths||This will be set on a Monday to be completed by the following Monday. The task is available on Google Classroom.|
|Times Tables||Times Tables Challenges can be printed here. We will do the times-table challenge on Tuesdays.
We will now be doing a different kind of weekly times tables test in preparation for the Multiplication Tables Check.
|Creative Home Learning||Available on Google Classroom.|
|Grammar & Punctuation||
Please complete the next section of your CGP grammar work book - pages 60-61.
Information is on Google Classroom.
Here are the spelling words to learn for next week - Monday 23rd May.
|Learning in school this week:|
|Learning next week:|
|Maths||Decimals 4 - Rounding decimals|