Year Four Notice Board
This term we are reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling.
If you have a copy of this book, please bring it in so that you can follow the text during story time.
|A big thank you to the Y4 parents for providing the books on the Year 4 recommended book list. Both classrooms have a selection of these books and the children are busy reading. They get a house point (dojo) for each book they read on the list - so that's 50 house points in total!|
- Please see the link below to access the document for parents about the Year 4 Multiplication tables Check.
- If you need Covid-related home-learning, please go to your Google Classroom. Where possible, activities are being added to match the learning in class.
- Please send in a glue stick for your child’s new pencil case. Many children have run out and we are sharing the few sticks we have. If children have their own it makes things much quicker and easier in class.
- Remember to send the yellow reading records to school every Monday - even if you don't need to change your book.
- Go to your child’s Google Classroom page to find the Year 4 Home School Partnership video.
Reading Records and Books
Here are the reading expectations.
- Please ensure that all books are recorded in the reading record along with the dates that reading has taken place. We encourage daily reading.
- Please sign/initial these entries.
- Comments about the book and your child's reading are welcomed. 3 comments a week would be great.
- All reading records are checked on Mondays so please send into school even if a new book is not needed.
- Reading books can be changed as needed - on any day of the week.
- Children may record their own books in the reading record so we can see what else they are reading.
Spring Topic. Our new topic for the spring term is called…Pure Imagination.
Further information about the learning in history and geography is available on our new Knowledge Organisers. These are available on the Maple and Rowan Google Classrooms in the Classwork tab.
Rowan and Maple wear PE kit to school on Fridays for the spring term.
Home Learning is set.
Please see below for the spelling word list. Please go to Google Classroom for the maths assignment.
PE Swimming - both classes
PE - both classes
Calendar/ Key dates
For further information about Home Learning and ideas on how to support your child please click here.
Daily (15-20 mins)
Please ensure that all books are recorded in the reading record along with the dates that reading has taken place. Please sign/initial these entries. Comments about the book and your child's reading are welcomed. Three comments per week is ideal.
Reading records are checked on Mondays but reading books can be changed on any day.
Library books are changed on Thursdays.
|Grammar & Punctuation||Tasks will be set in the Y4 Grammar & Punctuation CGP book.|
|Spelling||The words are listed below. These words are set on a Monday for a spelling dictation task the following Monday.|
|Maths||This will be set on a Monday to be completed by the following Monday. The task is available on Google Classroom.|
|Times Tables||Times Tables Challenges can be printed here. We will do the times-table challenge on Tuesdays.|
|Creative Home Learning||Available on Google Classroom.|
|Grammar & Punctuation||
Please complete pages 36 & 37 (Capital letters and full stops). We will mark these pages together on Monday 31st January.
Please go to Google Classroom to see the maths task for this week.
Please learn these spellings for our dictation task on Monday 31st January.
|Learning in school this week:|
The Tin Forest
Length & Perimeter 2
|Learning next week:|
|English||The Tin Forest|