Quick Links

Useful Links

GSO Test

Inspire - Nurture - Flourish

Parent Volunteers

We welcome parents and carers into school to help in a range of volunteering roles.  

Some typical roles might be:

  • Librarians
  • Gardeners
  • One to one readers with children
  • Helpers with displays
  • Speakers for enrichment weeks
  • Helpers on school trips

To be able to be in school, parents are required to have an Enhanced DBS. This is a criminal record check required for all school staff and other adults working unsupervised in the building. We can process the DBS check for you.

To begin the process, please bring 3 ID documents to reception.  Parents typically bring in their passport, drivers licence and current council tax bill. The list of all eligible documents are below - please read the list carefully. 

The DBS certificate process costs the school £12 and we ask you to pay that charge (there is a payment item on ParentPay). The DBS will last for as long as your child is at school with us. If you wish to volunteer and would struggle to pay, please get in touch and we will assist. 

Once we have your three documents and you have paid the £12, we will complete the application. You will receive a DBS certificate to your home address (the process takes usually 2-4 weeks) and that must then be brought in to school (to the Reception) for us to see and verify. 

Three documents must be seen in total.  One document must come from Group 1 and a further two documents from Group 1, 2a or 2b.  One document must verify the applicant’s current address (note a driving licence cannot be used a proof of address)

Group 1 - Primary Identity Documents

  • Current valid Passport
  • Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
  • Current Driving Licence Photocard (UK, Isle of Man / Channel Islands) (Full or Provisional)
  • Birth Certificate (UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands) - issued at the time of birth;
    • Including those issued by UK authorities overseas, such as Embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces.
  • Adoption Certificate (UK and Channel Islands)

Group 2a - Trusted Government Documents

  • Current Driving licence (Full or Provisional) – Paper version (If issued before 1998)(UK, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands)
  • Current Driving Licence Photocard (All countries outside the UK – excluding Isle of Man and Channel Islands) (Full or Provisional)
  • Birth Certificate (UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands) - (issued after the time of birth)
  • Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
  • Immigration Document, Visa or Work Permit. (Issued by a country outside the UK. Valid only for roles where the applicant is living and working outside of the UK. Visa/Permit must relate to the non-UK country in which the role is based)
  • HM Forces ID Card (UK)

Group 2b - Financial/Social History Documents

  • Mortgage Statement (UK Issued)
  • Bank/Building Society Statement (UK and Channel Islands issued)*
  • Bank/Building Society Statement (Countries outside the UK) (Issued in last 3 months - branch must be in the country where the applicant lives and works)
  • Bank/Building Society Account Opening Confirmation Letter (UK) *
  • Credit Card Statement (UK issued)
  • Financial Statement (UK) ** - e.g. pension, endowment, ISA (UK)
  • P45/P60 Statement **(UK & Channel Islands)
  • Council Tax Statement (UK & Channel Islands) **
  • Utility Bill (UK)* - (Not mobile telephone bill)
  • Benefit Statement (UK)* - e.g. Child Allowance, Pension
  • A document from Central/ Local Government/ Government Agency/ Local Authority giving entitlement (UK & Channel Islands)*- e.g. from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service , Customs & Revenue, Job Centre, Job Centre Plus, Social Security
  • EEA National ID Card***
  • Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo*** (UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands)
  • Letter from Head Teacher or College Principal*** (16-19 year olds in full time education in the UK (only used in exceptional circumstances when all other documents have been exhausted))
  • Letter of sponsorship from future employment provider*** - NON-UK Only. Valid only for applicants residing outside of the UK at the time of application.
  • Irish Passport Card. Cannot be used with an Irish Passport***.

Please Note:
If a document in the List of Valid Identity Documents is:

  • Denoted with * - Issued in the last 3 months.
  • Denoted with ** - Issued in the last 12 months.
  • Denoted with *** - Must still be valid.