Y2 Notice Board during school closure
SCHOOL IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO THE GOVERNMENT’S RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS.
We will post school work on this Notice Board on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If you need to contact us please use the following email addresses:
We have created a password protected Y2 page which allows us to post children's work and photos safely. You will receive a parentmail with the Y2 password. Please do not share this beyond our immediate Y2 community.
We hope that you and your families stay safe and well. Here is some advice from the Healthy Schools team: Staying Healthy - Information for Parent
If for any reason you are unable to do these tasks, there is nothing to worry about. We hope they will be helpful! Tasks will disappear as new tasks are added (on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) so you could take a screenshot of any task you want to save for another time.
- Here are some video clips of my guinea pigs - Cookie & Biscuit. Biscuit is the silky one and Cookie is the fuzzy one! They are loving the sunshine. Love, Mrs Nicholas x
- Some parents have asked about using Class Dojo at home. If you go to www.classdojo.com/beyondschool/ you can set up your own account and create your own Dojo monsters! You can give points for home learning, chores etc. Unfortunately we can't add you to our school Dojo system but you can still set up your own version to use at home.
Friday 3rd April
Keep up the hard work. You are all amazing and we a so proud of all your hard work. Enjoy these activities during the Easter holiday and do keep emailing us any work you want to share, send questions and let us know what you're up to.
Have a go at this Easter themed English Activity Booklet!English Easter Booklet
Print off, cut and stick together these sentence dice nets to help:Easter Sentence Dice Nets
- Try these activities involving Double Digit Subtraction using Education City games.
Subtraction Learn Screen:
- Subtraction Activity:
We have also assigned these to your homework section in Education City so it helps you to find the activities.
Practice using the best method you find useful you can use the questions on the link below and write them in your Maths book.Dungeon Run - Activity Sheet
- Bonus: Try Snakes on the Brain game on Ed City to test your add/subtract knowledge.
Previous work below if you need to print:
After the Easter break we will be moving onto our new science topic of ‘Plants’.
What can you remember about plants from Year 1? You could write some ideas into your notebook.
Task: Plant a seed and observe it over the next two weeks. What does your seed need to grow? Where does your plant need to be to grow? You could keep a growth diary or any changes. Write down what you can see, draw or take photos of any changes and even measure these changes with a ruler.
Tip: Search ‘Plants’ in the Science section on Espresso.
Fun Science Activities:
The 2 links below have some fun things to do over Easter:
Do at home CREST activities:
WOW science activities to do with/demonstrate to children:
Have a go at Mrs Mile’s Alphabet Challenge!
The theme this week is Disney. Can you name 26 different Disney cartoons or films beginning with each letter of the alphabet?
E.g. A = Aladdin
Are you up to the challenge?
How about Mrs Smith’s Easter Challenges.
An eggsellent Easter Challenge:
What’s the hidden message?
Have a go here:
What can you build using Lego or other building materials? Send us some photos of your best creations.
Visit here for some ideas and inspiration:
- Spelling words will be changed every Monday. You can use your writing exercise book to record these words. Can you put them into sentences? These 10 words are from previous spelling tests:
- Please spend at least 10 minutes reading a book every day! Keep a list of all the books you read at home - you can do this in your writing exercise book.
- We use a cursive script that is called joinitC4 from this website: https://www.cursivewriting.org/joined-cursive-fonts.html Be careful using the website as there are so many different versions of joined up writing!
- In Y2 we are starting to use the full joined up version of this script - but it's early days and teachers are still getting used to it too.
- Cursive Days of the Week
- Cursive Alphabet
- Please be active at some point each day. Joe Wicks (The Body Coach) is leading live lessons all week at 9am. If you miss these, they will be available to stream later in the day. Below is the link along with others that may be useful for keeping children active.
- Joe Wicks PE Lesson - https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1 - Monday to Friday – 9am live on YouTube.
- Cosmic Yoga - www.cosmickids.com/category/watch/
- Brain break clips/ dance: www.gonoodle.com – It is free to sign up! We use this resource lots at school so the children will be familiar with it.
- Fun Game:
Other websites that might be useful:
Twinkl - www.twinkl.co.uk – This subscription service used by teachers and schools is offering a free service for parents whilst schools are closed. Enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS.
White Rose Maths - whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/ - Maths mastery website who have provided home learning packages for all year groups.
Classroom Secrets - kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/ - You can sign up for free to the Kids sections of the website. Lots of activities for children to use independently.
Oxford Owl - www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ - sign up to access lots of free e-books for ages 3-11.
- Oliver Jeffers - www.oliverjeffers.com/books
- Audible - www.audible.com
Happy Easter to you and your families. Love Mrs Nicholas, Mr Powell, Mrs Gill, Miss Dalton, Mrs Miles, Mrs Smith and all the Belmont Family. x