Year Five Notice Board
Our class reading book is: Adolphus Tips by Michael Morpurgo
Welcome to Year 5!
- Please ensure you have completed the AUP forms online.
- Year 5 really enjoyed our evacuee workshop! It was great to see so many amazing costumes!
- Year 5 will come home with guidelines for designing Christmas cards. they are to do this at home and bring them back to school before 30th October so that they can be sent off. All information is on the letter given out!
- Please check you have updated your AUP form for privacy and photographs. You would have received a Parentmail about this.
- Look out for ParentMail for our upcoming trip to the Imperial War Museum.
- Please ensure children are completing all of their homework, MyMaths is compulsory in Year 5!
- PE will be on a Monday and Tuesday afternoon. Please have labelled PE kits in school so that the children can change during the school day.
- Forest school will take place this term for year 5. On either a Thursday or Friday afternoon. Please ensure the children have appropriate jackets and shoes depending upon the weather.
|Monday||Indoor PE - Sycamore and Chestnut||PE kit to remain in school, children to change during the school day.|
Home Learning and Reading Records due
Outdoor PE with PE coach Mr Young- Sycamore and Chestnut
|PE kit to remain in school, children to change during the school day.|
Wake up, Shake up
Calendar/ Key dates
Monday 21st - 25th October Half Term
Monday 28th October - return to school
Wednesday 30th October Christmas card artwork last day
Wednesday 30th Parents Evening
Friday 1st November - Imperial War Museum Trip
Thursday 7th November Parents Evening
For further information about Home Learning and ideas on how to support your child please click here.
Daily (at least 20 mins)
Reading Record books must be brought into school every Tuesday to be checked. We encourage children to write a reflective comment at least once a week when returning their Reading Record book to school. Children are encouraged to read aloud weekly to an adult and discuss what they have read. Children should share their opinions, inferences and/or predictions about what they read. Children are able to change their reading book whenever they need to. Children may also borrow books from the Junior Library.
|Grammar & Punctuation|
Set on Tuesday and tested through dictation the following week.
The word-lists for years 3 and 4 and years 5 and 6 are a mixture of words learners frequently use in their writing and those which are often misspelled. Some of the listed words may be thought of as quite challenging, however with enough practise and resilience we know you will get the hang of them!
|MyMaths||Set on Tuesday and the task will end the following Tuesday afternoon.|
Please find below two links to games online for times tables practise. An alternative way for children to practise their speed and accuracy! There are options to practise a particular number or to have mixed questions, enjoy!
Times tables speed test: https://www.timestables.co.uk/speed-test/
Hit the button: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
Times Tables Challenges can be printed here.
|Creative Home Learning||
Due w/c 2nd December
Home learning this week:
|Grammar & Punctuation||Linking Ideas in a Paragraph pg 26 -27|
|Maths||Factors and Primes and Multiplying and Dividing pg 20 and 21|
We will tell children who
should learn the high frequency words as these are words they are often spelling wrong.
|Learning this week:|
|Maths||Multiplication and Division|
|Learning next week:|
|Maths||Multiplication and Division|
Year 5 class reps:
Chestnut - Nathany, Laura and Sinead