Year Five Notice Board
Our class reading book is: Adolphus Tips by Michael Morpurgo
Welcome to Year 5!
- In preparation for our Year 5 Sharing Assembly, children will be given scripts. Please encourage your children to learn their lines. Thank you for your support.
- Please can all pupils remember to bring their one pound contribution towards cooking at Chiswick school this week.
- This Friday is Children in Need, however, as Year 5 are going on a trip to the National Portrait Gallery please can all children come to school dressed in full school uniform.
- Please check you have updated your AUP form for privacy and photographs. You would have received a Parentmail about this.
- Please ensure children are completing all of their homework, MyMaths is compulsory in Year 5!
- PE will be on a Monday and Tuesday afternoon. Please have labelled PE kits in school so that the children can change during the school day.
Autumn Topic Words- World at War
|Monday||Indoor PE - Sycamore and Chestnut||PE kit to remain in school, children to change during the school day.|
Home Learning and Reading Records due
Outdoor PE with PE coach Mr Young- Sycamore and Chestnut
|PE kit to remain in school, children to change during the school day.|
Wake up, Shake up
Calendar/ Key dates
Tuesday 12th November Chestnut - cooking at Chiswick School (Children will need a large snack and a packed lunch)
Thursday 14th November Sycamore - cooking at Chiswick School (Children will need a packed lunch)
Friday 15th November - Trip to the National Portrait Gallery (Children will need a packed lunch)
Wednesday 20th November - 2.30pm Year 5 sharing assembly
Thursday 21st November - 9.30am Year 5 sharing assembly
For further information about Home Learning and ideas on how to support your child please click here.
Daily (at least 20 mins)
Reading Record books must be brought into school every Tuesday to be checked. We encourage children to write a reflective comment at least once a week when returning their Reading Record book to school. Children are encouraged to read aloud weekly to an adult and discuss what they have read. Children should share their opinions, inferences and/or predictions about what they read. Children are able to change their reading book whenever they need to. Children may also borrow books from the Junior Library.
|Grammar & Punctuation|
Set on Tuesday and tested through dictation the following week.
The word-lists for years 3 and 4 and years 5 and 6 are a mixture of words learners frequently use in their writing and those which are often misspelled. Some of the listed words may be thought of as quite challenging, however with enough practise and resilience we know you will get the hang of them!
|MyMaths||Set on Tuesday and the task will end the following Tuesday afternoon.|
Please find below two links to games online for times tables practise. An alternative way for children to practise their speed and accuracy! There are options to practise a particular number or to have mixed questions, enjoy!
Times tables speed test: https://www.timestables.co.uk/speed-test/
Hit the button: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
Times Tables Challenges can be printed here.
|Creative Home Learning||
Due w/c 2nd December
Home learning this week:
|Grammar & Punctuation||Homophones pg 94 -95|
|MyMaths||Written method for division - short division|
|Maths||Written method for division pg 25|
We will tell children who
should learn the high frequency words as these are words they are often spelling wrong.
|Learning this week:|
|Maths||Multiplication and Division|
|Learning next week:|
|Maths||Maths linked to DT|
Year 5 class reps:
Chestnut - Nathany, Laura and Sinead